Break ups are never easy.
I've broken up with boys, cities, apartments, roommates, jobs, hobbies, and routines. While I'm not a flake, sometimes you need to muster up the courage to walk away from something that doesn't resonate with you anymore.
I'll admit, with every goodbye, it always felt like the end of something major. I told myself that I wouldn't recover, or find a new routine, or meet someone new, and then, with time, the painful gap closed, and something better came along, and I was glad I listened to my heart.
And so, this is my long-winded way of saying, I'm breaking up with Not A Model.
It's been a decision about a year in the making, when I realized the moniker, Not A Model, didn't feel like me anymore, and I hadn't written anything in over six months.
I started this blog during my post-grad as a class project, and went live on October 1st, 2009.
For seven years, that's right SEVEN, it was a place I'd turn to express my creativity when I started working the 9-5 grind in the public relations world. It was a platform to share my thoughts and experiences. I've met the most amazing people and documented some of my favourite life memories. When I look back, so much has happened on this platform, (Note: I may have cried going back and reading all of my posts)...
- It all started with Stef's photo shoots, remember those? (a BIG THANK YOU to her, my best friend for always being there to snap my photo)
- Then there was that time Liam Hemsworth introduced me to his mom !!!!!
- There are my summer diaries living in Brooklyn, and then of course, my 100 posts longing to go back. Anyone who has followed Not A Model knows it's just a long love letter to NYC
- Then, the summer I quit my job to take cooking and language classes alone in Florence
- Family milestones like: The Duchess, What it means to be a girl, and Laura's engagement
- And lastly, the simple musings, like learning How to say hello
And while I still continue to write, and have some new projects in the works (stay tuned) it's time to close this chapter.
I want to THANK every single person who has clicked, shared, followed, and commented over the past seven years. Just having one person tell me that a post made them feel better, or a little less lost meant everything to me.
Here's to new adventures and all the "non-models" out there. Stay different! x